Being a Better Employee Series
Being a better employee is something we should all strive for, especially if we want to become a boss some day instead of an employee. This series of articles is all about helping you stand out and become more effective at work:
- Show Up Early: Sounds too easy and maybe too obvious, right? Well, there’s more to it than that.
- Have an Opinion: You are worthless unless you have a point of view. Forget about what people want, tell them what you think.
- Go Beyond: Doing your job is all well and good, but if you want to stand out you’re going to have to do more than that.
- Help Your Boss: Your boss has your fate in his/her hands, so make him/her look good if you know what’s good for you.
- Do Something Before Work: Trust me—having something besides work will make you more productive and happier. And that’s a good thing.
And if you want more tips, check out Wisebread’s Career and Income section.